...I think of all the things that have changed for me since I began blogging. It hasn't all been plain sailing: there have been many hiccups, but I've recovered, dusted off, and continued from where I had left off.
I have indulged in my first love- reading and writing- something that had almost been eclipsed by the passing of time and the nitty-gritties of everyday life.
I have re-visited many childhood favourites, some that I had almost forgotten about, and others that I just had to dust the surface of.
I have found another way of connecting with my fast-growing and book-discerning daughter. I had always read to her and with her through all these years...my blogging about the books we enjoy together has made me something of a hero in her eyes. Something that I'll always be thankful for and cherish.
Not just her, my nephews- my siblings' sons, to whom I was 'just the pesky aunt that visits every year', have of late been looking at me through new, respectful, eyes. It is almost as if I had suddenly become worth taking seriously. They're tweens, too: grown-ups begin to become persona non-grata beginning now. How refreshing for things to look the other way! Of course, I have to thank my ruminations about Harry Potter for that.
I have found new and wonderful friends past my 40s. Choxbox, Sangi, Starry, Veena, Zoe, the Saffrontree gang specially the mad momma, utbtkids, Artnavy, Vibha, Ranjani, Sheela and Arundhati. There are many others - bloggers and non-bloggers, both- Swapna, Subhashree, Suranga, Abha, Shankari (where are you?), Monika, IHM, R's Mom, TGND, Shruti, Simran, Rashmi, Aparna, Padmini,...some of whom I've met and others whom I've only ever interacted with online. Any names that I may have missed- consider yourself tagged. All of you have enriched my life in your own special way. Some of you have been pillars of strength when I needed it- you know who you are.
I've participated in some fun activities and competitions online, notable of which are the Tulika blogathons. Won some, lost some. A prestigious award on IHM's blog- this is something I cherish.
I've been a participant and raised my voice in some awesome drives- Child Sexual Abuse Awareness Month and Violence Against Women Awareness Month. One may call it armchair activism, but even that has its uses: and if that is all I can contribute, that is what I will.
You will find my work (other than this blog) at Saffrontree (my online family), Book Reviews, Zealot Readers, Women's Web and Mom's Diaries. Maybe in a small way at each place, but it's me.
I read the writing of all the aforementioned friends, and some more, as also the awesome stuff shared by every one of them. All of which has slowly pulled me out of the deep well I was in. I've learnt a lot from all of them, and hope to continue learning. My reading also has gone places, much more than it would have if I had been just a reader.
I've challenged myself now and again, and have loved the experience. My writing, too, has evolved over the past two-and-a-half years, and I see the road opening in front of me.
Wish me luck as I end this 200th post. Looking forward to many more such posts where I can interact with like-minded friends. For you guys make it all worthwhile.
18 comments:
:) Congratulations on the 200th post Sandhya. May this beautiful journey of discovery never end!
Awww... Thanks Sandhya. We are lucky to have you as a part of our life. To many more from you....
Sandhya,
Your unique perspective on all things literature, your supreme analytical and reasoning skills, your thoughtful and critical writing, and most of all your gentle kindness, working in your own quiet way on things that stir you the most, all of these have made you my super-hero!
I am so glad that some cosmic force brought us in touch.
Here's to plenty more posts sharing your views and experiences in your inimitable, direct, no-nonsense style!
Sheela.
oh Happy 200th :) and yes, I must admit here that blogging has definitely changed me a lot :)
looking forward to many more reviews and more learnings from you :)
Thanks, ladies. I published my post and shut down the comp for the day- and today morning I saw all these lovely comments! Aren't I right in what I said in my post? You guys rock.
Thanks a bunch for all the love.
Sandhya,
congratulations on your 200th post. may we see another 200 more interesting posts.
Thank you, Sathish!
here's to many many more!
Thank, Choxie! I'll never tire of saying that you're the one who made all the difference!
*even if that makes me a member of stuck-record-dom* :)
My baby!! You rock star baby! :-D
I love reading your blog, it makes me grow and think and just be more. Thank you.
It has been completely my pleasure to know you and let's cheer on for the next 200 (to start with)? :-D
Congrats on your 200th post Sandhya. Hope to read many more from you
Thanks, AA_Mom. Great to have you comment as always.
LOL, Sangi! Thank you. You are an inspiration.
Congratulations on the 200th post! May there be many more to come! :)
It has been a wonderful experience reading you. Your insight into things and your own special way of writing make your posts worth a read, and it has always been great to read them. I have learnt a lot from you, and hope this journey continues for a long time to come. We are all more than just readers, as you say, and that has made our community (and our writing, I believe) richer and stronger.
Thanks for the mention! :)
Awesome Work n happy writing sandhya :))))) congrats on ur 200th post :):) I always learn something new from every one of your post :):):)
Happy 200th post Sandhya!! I love reading your blog and am inspired by your passion for reading and sharing with others about what you read. Am glad to be a part of your life. Cheers to many more happy beginnings and milestones!! :) ~ Simran
Happy 200th! Your blog rocks and so do you!
Thanks, TGND, Padmini, Simran and Starry.
@TGND: Love your posts, too. I read every one of them, though I may not comment everytime- esp if I do not have anything to add to what you've written.
@Starry: You are an inspiration for me. You know that.:)
Post a Comment