So we are four chapters into book 6 now, and proceeding the reading aloud at breakneck speed- with time in the holidays on our side. Better now than in termtime. I'll let her read them on her own at her own pace later. But- I am firm on her reading them before she watches the movie.
Here's the new trailer. It's amazing! Watch it on the full screen of your comp. I was tongue-tied for some time after watching it. It reminded me of the technological finesse of the Lord of the Rings.
And I do hope this time we can have 3D viewership in India.
There is also this bit of news posted on "Hogwarts Professor", a blog by John Granger, who is a Potter scholar, and author of many interesting books based on the Potter series. Apparently the last chapters of book 7 may be stretched into another series of 7 movies. Seems unbelievable, and a bit too much for even a fanatic like me. Check it out.
![]() |
| Pic courtesy amazon.com |
It is a board game. A student from Hogwarts has mysteriously disappeared, and the players can move around Hogwarts with the help of dice, making suggestions, and have to finally go to Dumbledore's office to make a final accusation to win the game- complete with Help Cards bearing spells, and items like portkeys, Felix felicis, brooms, bezoars, etc, and Dark Mark cards, and allies...we both were enchanted with it! OK, even though it has a snake-and-ladderish feel to it sometimes, making an accusation does require a bit of sharp thinking, and also a good memory.

14 comments:
I think I will break down and see this one. Am a Pottermaniac too but only for the book version. Am both admiring of JK Rowling for stopping when she was ahead and kind of mad at her for stopping like this! :-D
Hi, I dropped over from the review you had written for Green Pocket. Saw it on FB and liked it. Went through your blog and am your latest follower :) I am a big time Potter fan too! I just started reading Book 1 all over again. want to brush up on the series before the movie. Happy Reading to A - Simran
Tagged you. Tell me what you think?
@Sangi: Completely with you on a preference for the book version of Harry Potter. I was curious, though, to find out what the movie makers made of the extremely well thought out and well written stories, and was hooked. Inspite of the many flaws on celluloid. So much so that after I watched Deathly Hallows 1 with Chox, I could not resist going again before it went out of theatres- and I went by myself.
And that is alovely tag. Thought provoking. Will take it up at the soonest. Thanks for tagging me.:)
@chipsnchutzpah: Thank you for the kind words, and welcome to my space.
I, too, read and re-read the Potter books over and over again. Certainly before each movie is released, and of course my reading aloud to A is a re-reading, complete with discussions. And A is re-reading on her own now from book 1 onwards, and has finished the first two. They are worth it.
As always awed by your reading-aloud energy. Am convinced you hold the world record for it!
Will go together for DH2 with you and the chillans. I simply cannot imagine sitting and re-reading all the seven books again, much as I would love to. In another life perhaps. Till then, either you or the child or better still both, can do the honours.
Honoured, milady!
Sure, we have a date, then, for the movie. And yes, with the kids this time.:)
And Chox, I wish I had half the energy you have, and could do at least some of the good you do.
Dear Sandhya:
I was an impossible Potter-maniac, waiting patiently in the bookstore queues in the wee mornings for the book's release, well, until the showdown in book seven let me down big time :( I nearly sobbed because the way it all ended was a rude disappointment. I still maintain that The Deathly Hallows did not have the ingenuity that sparkled in the other six. But nevertheless, having been a steadfast fan, I'd never miss the movie for anything! I'd be good to exchange notes after we all watch the movie.
I'm in the process of writing a book critique blog, not a typical book review, but focusing especially on the editorial and structural aspects of fiction and non-fiction..am still at work, but do come visit: chewingoverbooks.blogspot.com
Just wanted to let you know that I took up the 2011 Global Reading Challenge and am loving it! I blogged about it and linked back to your blog and the challenge blog too :)
Goose-bumps have risen up. Can't wait for July! We start reading book 2in July...but I'm wondering if I should take Div, last chance to see a HP on big screen...but then she'll know most of the mystery!
@Veena: So nice to see you back again! I visited your new blog, and I think its great. Have entered my name in the followers, although the list does not show up. I have been a bit busy, what with A's vacations going on, and there are several things I want to do, reading interesting blogposts being one of them, but I suppose I'll have to take it a bit slowly till term-time begins.:)
@chipsnchutzpah: Glad that you have joined the challenge too. I've fallen a bit behind in my own reading for it. Must get my act together now that school has started and I have more time.:)
Hmm...we are waiting for July too- doing a bit of frantic reading with A, to complete all books before the last movie. Donno- maybe you should let Div watch this movie, but mightn't she get scared? Especially if she does not know what happens through the book? On the other hand, if she has perchance watched the likes of Lord of the Rings, she might not be so scared.
Post a Comment