(EDITED TO ADD: It didn't work. At least, there is no update on my dashboard.
HELP!)
A lot of you know that I had some problem at my blog a few months back at which time I had made my blog private. At that time, I changed everything about my blog, the URL, the blog name, and the template.
After having taken a breather, I had re-opened my blog to the public, keeping the settings to 'do not let search engines find me', and in the process, fiddled around quite a bit with all the settings. Ever since, there has been this issue of my followers not being updated with my new posts. In fact, some of them who have displayed my blog on theirs, with the title of the post, still show it as the last post I had written before all this happened.
A few of you, like Choxbox and Artnavy mentioned a few times, on my blog, as also directly to me that my posts were not getting updated in their reader, or on their dashboard. They even tried to remove and re-add my blog, but nada!I couldn't understand why this should happen, as it wasn't a new blog- I had just made the abovementioned changes, retaining all my earlier posts. I also checked the profiles of a few followers, and saw that my blog name had automatically updated, so it wasn't as if blogger was getting confused between the old and new URLs.
I tried looking for a solution on Blogger Help, but couldn't find any. So I just thought that this was one of those inexplicable things that I was not going to understand, and my loyal regular readers were anyway getting to my posts. So it's OK.
Until I got a comment from a new reader, Simran, seconded by Choxbox, that 'my new posts are not automatically updated.' I decided that enough was enough, and that I needed to do something about it.
So I decided to 'follow' my own blog to see what happens, and sure enough, the blog name showed up in the left-hand side 'Blogs I'm following' section of the dashboard, but the right-hand side had this message-
"You have followed this URL, but we couldn't find a feed for it. Please check that the URL is correct."
So I did a google search again, with the exact same words, and I found some very clearly stated help. I needed to change my 'Site Feed' settings to 'Full' and keep the rest of it blank, unless I had subscribed to Feedburner, which I haven't. I decided to try it. Let us see what happens. I hope it works.
The person who gave the solution to the problem said that "You will need to create a new post to push it out to other people who have followed. Previous ones will not update."
So if you are getting this post updated, it has worked. If not, can anybody who knows what is happening please help me?
12 comments:
No babe :(
No it didn't work :( No updates on the dashboard or the blogroll!
Never mentioned it but I faced the same problem with your blog. I had the old one listed in my set of blogs which I follow and even after changing the Url, it said 'no new feed... ' the one that you have written so your blog never got added to my list. I read all of your posts but then for them I have to specifically keep checking.
And no, its not working even now.
I love the header painting. Have you done it or A?
Sandhya, Did you try posting your problem in the Blogger Help forums?
This is something I found when I googled: "How to contact Blogger Support
Latest update: It is no longer possible to contact Blogger Support directly. You will have to post your problem to Blogger Help Forum where Blogger Employees and Blog*Stars are actively helping with problems."
And what a cute header. Looks like you hit the perfect one for your blog.
Thanks all. I have been trawing through the Blogger Help Forum all day, but haven't found anyone with a similar problem. There were some with feed problems, but none of them had changed their URL.
Maybe I'll have to post a new thread on the forum. Hope I get the problem solved.
@All: The header is "Girl Reading" from the 2010 World Book Day Wallpapers. Artist is not known.
@Vibha: I WISH I could paint like that! Isn't it a beautiful picture?
And yes, even I thought it was perfect.
What happened to my comment?
@Sangi: This is the only comment in my inbox by you!:)
Please re-type it, Sangi. I don't know where it went.
like all before said it- no it is not getting updated
but i visit anyway and your header pic is apt!!
Thanks, Art. If any of you can give me a solution, or know of anyone who can, please to refer!
Post a Comment