Welcome!

Thank you for visiting. I would love to hear what you have to say!

All work and pictures are copyrighted : mine or otherwise specified.

21 October, 2010

THE TIME HAS COME...

I know now how a fugitive gone underground feels. Claustrophobic. Struggling for a breath of fresh air. For a single sight of the life-giving sun. For the freshness of some greenery. For a flash of blue- a handful of the sky!

It has been more than a month now since I all but disappeared from the blogging scene. Except for a few of my friends, no-one could access my blog. My friends have understood, and have stood by me. In the process, they have been inconvenienced many times, and my apologies to them.

Well, as Lewis Caroll has famously said in his poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter", the time has come. I want my breath of fresh air, my place in the sun, my glorious greens, my handful of the sky. Time to de-privatise. And what better time than now, when we celebrate.

Celebrating Reading Of Culturally Unique Stories. CROCUS. As most of my readers know, I write for Saffron Tree, a rich repository of books for children from across many cultures. Saffron Tree was started on 23rd October 2006 by Prabha Ram, who searched for, and did not find a resource for the kind of books she wanted for her children. Over the past four years, more parent bloggers equally passionate about books joined Saffron Tree, until now when we are a team of 15 contributors, me being the newest, having started with the post Frindle. Since then, there has been no looking back, and I have enjoyed every bit of being part of such a wonderful team. Do hop over to the site and read the invite I've posted there.


So now, with just 3 days left for CROCUS, I would like to begin anew. I am the same, my work is the same. With changes. For change is the only constant. 

6 comments:

Sangitha said...

Lovely to see you back.

And yes, I love Saffron Tree. Meandered over there one time blog hopping and now, I go there before buying any books for the brats and their friends! Way to go, you guys!

Vibha said...

Perfect post to break the shell once again. Welcome back!!

sandhya said...

Thanks, Sangi. It's lovely to be back.

Yes, do visit Saffron Tree during CROCUS. I promise you it will be wonderful. We love writing for ST, and it shows.

sandhya said...

Thanks, Vibha. I admit I had my doubts. But then I was going to de-privatise after a few more weeks, so why not now? CROCUS seemed the ideal time to do it.

Choxbox said...

Love your way with words S.

sandhya said...

Thanks, Chox!