Welcome!

Thank you for visiting. I would love to hear what you have to say!

All work and pictures are copyrighted : mine or otherwise specified.

26 July, 2010

Catching up with friends

The husband being out on a business trip, A and I are at a loose end. Feel it more on weekends. So what do we do? Catch up on friends.

On Friday we went to a book launch with Choxbox and her daughters.  Any time spent with this trio is fun as none of us are at a loss of words. Yak-yak-yakking away about books (what else?) and such is extremely therapeutic.

The book launched was WE, THE PEOPLE OF INDIA, reviewed by me here  and here.  A had already read it, and we had discussed it, so she had a list of questions to ask the author,  Leila Seth, who answered them with a lot of humour and affection. Unassuming, she looked like anybody's grandmother, and had a great dialogue with the children. A, of course, asked her questions, and got her answers. Got her copy signed too.

Saturday- A's best friend at school, AM had a birthday party at their farmhouse. It was a wonderful day for an out-of-doors activity. Bangalore weather has always been great, but these days have been lovely. A cloud cover, cool winds but not much rain make for a great time to have a party on a farm. We walked in fields picking tomatoes, corn and much else, fed goats and calves, ate hot corn-on-the-cobs fresh off the farm, had a treasure hunt with the kids having a great time searching everywhere on the farms, ate yummy rajasthani food that was provided, and met up with a lot of friends who we have not met since school runs have become a thing of the past.  A lot of the mothers echoed my views. So while the children rambled around, we sat down and yakked away.

Sunday-There was a society meeting that I had to attend. A went to her friend W's house for the morning while I was at the meeting. Post that, a good friend J from the building invited me over to share lunch with her and her husband. Good food, good conversation. After that went with some friends to the Strand book sale. I got a few lovely book for A, and one book for myself that I had wanted to read for a long time.


Today too, a friend whose daughter studies with A has invited us over. Haven't met her for a long time, so I think it would be a great idea to go.

In the meantime, my tag on fear is doing the rounds among friends in the blogosphere. Hope to read the differents points of view and about different books. Will be interesting.

4 comments:

RGB said...

A bookworm enjoying a party on the farm with friends over good food and talk about 'books'? Fertile!

Veena said...

That was one nice and productive weekend :) Hey it must be really special, attending the launch of the book you've already read and reviewed! Cool..I've never been to book launches, that's one item on my must-do list :) I'm feeling nostalgic about Bangalore now, I lived there 3 years back and used to raid the Strand book sale!

sandhya said...

@LOL, RGB! I like the way you put it. Thanks. That just about sums up my post.

@Veena: Hey, how have you been? Read your post(s) on potty training. Glad to say we're way past that!
Yes, it was wonderful attending the book launch. This was probably the second one I've attended. Oh, and where were you in Bangalore? I have been here close on 15yrs now, and finally it feels like nammuru!:)

Vibha said...

Looks like you both are enjoying your time together doing varied activities.
Live every moment of this time!!!