I have been a reader all my life. It is the one thing that defines me.
I have an 8yr old daughter. She is my strength, my guardian angel. I'll call her A. There is the husband, my anchor, without whom I'll be lost. And then there are my books. My property in this world. And last but not the least, my friends. They keep me grounded and sane in this mad world I inhabit.
People close to me have always tried to get me to write as well. Something that I have been shirking from all this time. I have had my hands full with a lot of things. I have been writing for myself sporadically, but not really seriously or regularly. I considered blogging at one time, but...didn't get down to it.
Then two days back, A went for a 2 day school trip. I was left with a lot of spare time. And I suddenly felt the need to start writing. Sharing with others a view from my side of life, love and books. So here I am.
10 comments:
well done sandhya!!!!!here is wishing you luck!!!!!
Yo!
We do not write because we want to; we write because we have to - Somerset Maugham
All the best.....
@pragati, choxbox: Thanks.
@leena: Yes, it is something that one has to do.
Hi! I got here from the karadi tales blog. Coincidentally, my (mom-baby)blog is just 1 post old as well, which I wrote after overcoming months of inertia.. But it feels so good to have started :)Keep writing!
hey more posts?
@Veena: Thanks for the thumbs-up. You've done better, you know! I was blogging illiterate 8 yrs back, although I did think of keeping a diary. Never did begin it. It's good that your son is 8months. Think of all that I missed out on putting on paper.(Or blog, whichever way you look at it.)
@Choxbox: Coming up. Was a bit busy with guests. And Hub and A hijack the laptop on holidays and weekends. :)
Boo! I found you!
@utbtkids: Hello. Nice to meet friends here.
Finally!!! SO glad that you have begun keying in your thoughts. I look so forward to reading you..thanks for the few minutes of pleasurable reading that you give me everyday!
Post a Comment